Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Wednesday 25APR07

All right I got my uniforms back from the tailor, so now it is uniforms, battle gear and weapons now everywhere we go. This battle gear is still hard on my shoulders, but I am able to handle it pretty good after all. The days have been around the mid to upper 80's with 60-70% humidity. Through next Friday the mid to upper 80's is to continue. That just gets us ready for the heat of overseas. Today we learned how to tear our weapons down and clean them and how we are expected to shoot to qualify. I hope I can qualify the first time through, so I do not have to do it over the weekend. I would rather have that as down time, but only time will tell on that subject. I am finding out that I am not in too bad of shape after all. I might even be losing some weight while I am at it. They are trying to make me a lean mean green/blue fighting machine. I will have to get a t-shirt that has the Navy and Army combined. I do not remember what it has on it or what it says, but I will hope to get one this weekend. Tomorrow will be qualification of the M16 and Friday will be the 9MM hand gun. Wish me luck I may need all I can get. Till tomorrow I need to go back to help clean up the barricks now before going to bed, night.

No comments: